a moment of silence for all the ‘metalcore kids’ whose wedding song will be have faith in me
un bon 800 km
dans sa démarche existentielle
Hahahahaha I’m dying
Why I fucking LOVE Such Gold
"I have never listened to any of these bands in my life, but I am going to call out everybody who does and say that they must only listen to it for the "soft grunge" image. Even though none of these bands are the genre "soft grunge" and also that "soft grunge" isn’t even an actual thing. People who like certain bands only do it for the image, not for what the music is actually about and those people are dumb. But I AM TOO HARDCORE FOR THIS BECAUSE OMG lyke BMTH olIii syKKES and omfg Of mice n men my babiiessss luv u 4evur!!1 But all these other bands are just shit and I don’t understand why people like them it totally concerns me"
This is basically this chick’s thought process right now and it’s more mixed up than a fucking salad. However let me dissect it anyways as I have some pointers for her;
1) Learn how to articulate your words properly so that they make sense. (i.e. “Bands I don’t get why people like”)
2) Stop questioning shit you’ve never even listened to and more importantly stop calling people out on shit they like. YES. BMTH and Of Mice and And Men in my opinion are both shit bands, but you don’t see me questioning you as to why you like them.
3) Stop being so concerned about “image”. People generally listen to music because it’s music. Not because it’s going to make them “look” like something. You’re calling other people out and assuming they must look “soft grunge and so cool” because they like these bands, yet you listen to BMTH and OM&M, saying you’re too hardcore for something? BITCH FUCKING PLEASE. Title Fight isn’t even hardcore but is more “hardcore” than fucking Of Mice & Men. Seriously what the fuck.
4) Know what you’re talking about before you talk. As I mentioned, none of these bands are “soft grunge” or whatever the fuck. Citizen is nothing like Such Gold. Title Fight and TWY are two completely different sounds. Real Friends and TSSF are definitely not the same, in fact there is really little to no similarities between any of these bands whatsoever.
5) Get off the internet. You don’t get why people listen to music yet “my babies though”. Just, just…get out.
and last but not least
6) DO NOT QUESTION FUCKING BRAND NEW
LIKE WHAT THE FUCK.
An independent network of over 100 students occupied the headquarters of the University of London at Senate House, demanding that ”the University of London Union (ULU) remain in student hands – democratically run by students – and has its block grant returned, that all outsourced workers at the university are awarded a pension, that the ULU oppose the privatization of student loans, and that the financial statements of the University’s academic departments and non-academic services be published so that they can be scrutinized so that the University’s decisions can be properly held to account by the community.”
Here are two videos provided by The Guardian. One shows an officer punching a protester in the face during Wednesday’s demonstration. The other shows a cop trying to hit protesters (on the other side of a gate) with his baton.
As coverage for the protest decreases, the police brutality and suppression continues to increase. It’s up to the public to spread this info.
More GIFs from the raid and resistance at Elsipogtog, video from Stimulator.
Some articles, definitely read the first one:
- Elsipogtog Everywhere
- Mi’kmaq Warrior risks losing leg after being shot by RCMP rubber slug in Thursday’s cop attack
- Heavy-handed response to the Elsipogtog blockade in New Brunswick
@SettlerColonial came up with #SageAgainstTheMachine; long, but cute.